I must say I'm pleased. A lot has been done on the workflows since version 3.
First of all workflows are now administered in a web client. This had to be done because of CRM Live. But I must say that workflow management is much easier and better.
- File attachments - now you can attach a file to the workflow. I like it! Now I can attach a Visio diagram to the workflow, maybe some other documentation. There is a lot more space for description. And yes. There are notes too.
- Availability - You can set the workflow to be run on demand, as well as a sub-workflow.
- Triggering events - Now workflows support also Delete and Update events. On the Update event you can choose the actual fields that trigger the workflow.
- Wait for ... otherwise wait for - Did you ever want to branch the workflow based on a condition. Now you can use so called "Paralel Wait Branch" and choose different wait conditions and run the first rule that matches.
- List of workflows - Open one workflow and see status of all workflows (of this type) that were started.
More on workflows later. Now I have to go home.